This is just a small selection of events organized by other activists in the area that we’ve seen lately. We can’t speak for these groups, but there is some good stuff being done.
- Every Wednesday at 7pm, a Standing Rock solidarity group meets at the Grower’s Market, upstairs from Belly Taqueria on Willamette Street.
- Every weekday, M-F, at the old federal courthouse (211 E. 7th) from 5-6pm a group called “Rush Hour Resistance” is meeting to oppose Trump’s agenda.
- A group called “Disrupt Eugene” is holding their first general assembly to bring together activist groups in the area on February 11th at 4pm, also with a focus on resisting “Trumpism.” More info at facebook.com/groups/disrupteugene
- On Monday, February 13th, a No LNG pipeline rally will be held at the Douglas County Fairgrounds at noon.
CALC and several other groups are hosting a meeting about nuclear policy in the Trump Administration on Sunday, February 26th at 4pm in Room 145 of Straub Hall on the U of O campus.
- 350 Eugene is hosting the “Valve Turners” on Friday February 24th from 6:30pm – 8:30pm at the Methodist Church at 1376 Olive St. $20 suggested donation to their legal fund.